The Day Clock has been developed by Bath Institute of Medical Engineering and has been designed to help people living with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. The design features a simple and clear display showing the time of day as either morning, afternoon, evening or night. The Dementia Day Clock is ideal as people living with dementia as they can lose the ability to distinguish between day or night. The Alzheimer’s Day Clock can therefore assist primary carers by ensuring the daily routine can be maintained.
The size of the font in the menu screen of the Day Clock (only needed when changing the time) is approximately 0.5 centimeters in height and 3 centimeters in width.
Day Clock Specifications
|Font Size Height||2 centimeters|
|Font Size Width||10 centimeters||Font Size Length||Dependent on the day|
|Screen Size (Inches)||6.2 x 3.4||Screen Size (CM)||15.8 x 8.7|
|External Size (Inches)||8.5 x 6.5||External Size (CM)||21.6 x 16.4|
- A godsend. Review by Jacqueline S
- This has made a world of difference. My mother-in-law no longer 'phone in the middle of the night so I presume she is using the day clock successfully. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- The Day Clock for dementia sufferers Review by Pauline E
- We bought this clock for my Mother and it has done the job as she does not get confused between night and day now. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Very Helpful Review by Beth S
- This was bought for my father. who has dementia and lives alone. I like to sleep at night, from ten until six the following morning, but my father no longer understands 'which 3 o'clock it is', and would call me to ask pressing questions both day and night resulting in tiredness for me. It took a week or so to position the clock appropriately in his bedroom, and now he can see, when he wakes, whether it is time to get up or go back to sleep. It is possible to alter the times which the clock displays as 'night', so if your routine is different it can be set to suit. It will not be the cheapest clock you have bought, but has been worth every penny, and has withstood my dad's attempts to move it when he found it too bright near his bed (as it runs on mains power he has disconnected it accidentally several times). Long may it keep working, and long may my dad continue to understand that it is not good to call people at night! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Amazing made a huge difference to my life as a carer Review by Elizabeth C
- My mum has quite advanced dementia and this has made a huge difference to my life. Mum used to call me 4-5 times a day just to ask what day it was where as now after a few weeks she's learned just to look at the clock I've mounted above the television. It has made such a difference to us I would pay £500 for it. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Review Day Clock Review by Gillian B
- Brought this for my father as he was getting confused as to what time of day it was. The clock has helped him enormously. It has a very clear large display ideal for the elderly (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Great idea/product Review by Clive S
- Great idea/product with very clear display. Everyone that sees it comments on how good it is (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Life Saver Review by Karen J
- Mum knew what she was doing every day, as we'd made a plan, but ............... she didn't know the day, so was doing all the wrong things on the wrong day. NOW it's brilliant!!!! She is going to all her groups, sessions & outings all on the correct day. THANK YOU!!! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- A helpfull extra Review by Vera L
- Very good, helpfull in the middle of the night and after an afternoon snozz when you wake and feel confused. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- A little piece of normality Review by Denis C
- I purchased this for my wife who has acute dementia. A simple thing like knowing the day of the week and whether it is morning noon or night has greatly assisted her to self management (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Day Clock Review by Ingrad S
- Excellent prompt very clear screen my mum loves it!!!! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Day Clock for Dementia sufferers Review by Kate S
- Simple to use and a clear display. Just the right size.A very helpful company with excellent customer service. The right sort of people trying to help out with these issues with thoughtful consideration. The only trouble is my mum needs several in each room! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- A friend in the dining room Review by Janet J
- Having bought this clock and put it in mums dining room ( it was far too bright to go in the bedroom as intended), I was not sure that it had been a good buy. However, I recently bobbed in on my 86 year old mum, who has moderate Alzheimer's, to be told that it was lovely to have a chat with the clock as she passed. The phrasing of the information made her feel that it was talking to her and it has become her friend. Anything that helps her to retain her independence and confidence as she insists on living in her own home, is very welcome. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Day Clock Review Review by Johnathan H
- Great product. Simple and very clear - exactly right for it's purpose. Elegant and stylish. Already a kitchen focal point and trusted daily anchor-point for my Mother. Small point, but having the word "Dementia" written several times on the outside of the box is maybe too overt when giving it as a gift. I printed some stickers saying "Happy Mothers' Day" and glued them on the box to conceal the "Dementia" phrase. Still believe the product itself is outstanding and well deserves 5 stars. Will be browsing the other support items in your range with confidence (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Back on track. Review by Helen H.
- I received the dementia day clock on behalf of a friend who is having difficulty differentiating between day and night. I had read all the reviews and decided to try one for her. The customer service I received was really helpful the clock came incredibly quickly. It was easy to set up and easy to use. Since the arrival of the clock, my friend is much more orientated. We have had no more phone calls in the middle of the night and her confidence in her ability to cope has increased. I would thoroughly recommend this clock for anyone with dementia who has difficulty in differentiating between day and night. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Excellent clock, great for those who are disorientated Review by Alison T
- This clock is excellent for the elderly when they cannot remember whether it is day or night time. My mother is a lot more settled with this clock. Thank you (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Great Idea Review by Lynn H
- Mum now knows what day it is and if it's morning or evening. What a great idea. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Fantastic Service. Review by Irene I
- Ordered this clock for my Mum after reading great reviews. Delivered within a couple of days and price cheapest on internet. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Does not disappoint Review by Helen H.
- This is the second of these clocks we have bought. It such a simple yet clever idea. It definitely does not disappoint. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Not diagnosed with dementia, but still find this brilliant! Review by Ian H
- I bought this clock for my Dad and wasn't sure if he'd be OK with that as he doesn't have a dementia diagnosis, but he is often confused about the time and day - especially after his nap. He loves it! He finds it completely reassuring and refers to it often. Far from feeling a bit patronised, he is telling everyone about it! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Day Clock for Dementia sufferers Review by David S
This is a first class product.
The lady it was bought for can now be relied on to take tablets at the correct time thanks to this product.
She also is able to select TV programmes with more success.
All in all, this has proved a worthwhile purchase at this difficult time. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Sam Review by Sheila L
- Such a simple and effective device, we should all have them to declutter our minds of more info than we need (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- Day Clock Review by Patricia H
- The Day clock is for my mother in law who is experiencing memory problems. She has found it invaluable. She has a tendency to fall into a very deep sleep &wakes up disoriented. The clock has proved invaluable. She wakes up & is able to carry on her day knowing which part of the day it is. I will probably buy her a second clock for her bedroom. (Posted on 08/07/2014)
- A must have item! Review by Must Have!
- If you know someone with dementia this is a must buy. Finally my mother is taking her medication as directed. The delivery was much faster than I anticipated. (Posted on 14/05/2014)
- Dementia Day Clock Review by Very Pleased.
- This has made my mother's life so much less confusing after her stroke. It is perfect. (Posted on 14/05/2014)
- LG from Boston, MA United States Review by Clear, handsome and very reassuring
- Two days in, wish I'd got it sooner! It arrived swiftly, no setup other than plug-in. It's smooth, solid and attractive, not too big to fit on a bedside table, stands well, easy to read. She puzzled over it at first, read it aloud, and a huge smile broke over her face as she "got it". It's clear, but not too bright for sleeping, a gentle glow. She can read it from 10' away, on entering the room in her wheelchair, for example. Her roommate (ambulatory & mildly forgetful) is thrilled- it frees them both from having to repeatedly ask the questions that uselessly consume so much mental bandwidth. The accompanying brochure looks straightforward. Very satisfied, and want one too. (Posted on 14/05/2014)
- ‘best thing since sliced bread’!!! Review by David Brown
- ‘best thing since sliced bread’!!! My father finds it a ‘Godsend’ as I do! Social Services, carers and friends also think it is brilliant and ask for the details. It is straight to the point without the addition of dates or actual times which is why he loves it – and the blue surround light! (Posted on 29/04/2014)
- My Mom loves it Review by Anne Marie Guerrero
- So far we love the day clock. I purchased for my mom who is 87. She really likes it and I feel it helps her so much. (Posted on 19/04/2013)
- Great innovation! Review by Annette Pearson
- I purchased the product for my elderly mother, who is in the early stages of mixed dementia. She's finding the clock a very useful reminder of the day of the week. great innovation. Thanks (Posted on 19/04/2013)
- Brilliant Review by Rowann Halliday
- This clock was purchased for my mother in law, it's a bit easier for her now. As meal times were a nightmare, really considering purchasing another one for her bedroom! Alzheimer sufferers don't need to know the time, just need to know what part of the day it is. Brilliant. (Posted on 01/03/2013)
- works exactly as expected Review by Wayne Livingstone
- The Day Clock works exactly as expected and is very easy to set up. In fact it arrived already set to the correct date and time, which was a surprise since my order crossed several time zones. I just plugged it in and it was ready to go. (Posted on 19/02/2013)
- Made a huge difference! Review by John Ford
- Very pleased with the clock(s) that I purchased. Super fast and well packaged delivery. And great back up when I couldn’t set one up. Theyve made a huge difference to Dads life already. (Posted on 19/02/2013)
- It's great help Review by Alison
- Thank you very much for your help with this. This Day Clock has been great help to one elderly lady already. It really is a very good product. (Posted on 14/02/2013)
- Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother Review by Angela
Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother. At least I don't get phone calls in the middle of the night asking what day it is, or if she
missed her Dr. Appointment etc. Your product is very helpful for the Elderly ( and their children! ). Thank you for your support... (Posted on 12/02/2013)
- This is a wonderful device! Review by Kathryn
This attractive and wonderful device has been a terrific help to my very elderly mother who has mild dementia and was frequently confused by a.m./p.m. issues. The Day Clock sits on her bedside table but is bright and clear enough to be seen from her livingroom. It has made a significant difference in her quality of life and indeed in that of her children, as she frequently lost track of time prior to the Day Clock and called us in the middle of the night--more frightening for us than inconvenient! Mom's sleep is improved, also, as when she awakens she can immediately see that it is not time to arise. The "Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night" divisions on the Day Clock are intuitive and Mom was able to take advantage of the clock after only a few days of adjustment. This is a wonderful device!
I very much appreciated Rob's help in navigating the website and his kind and clear answers to our questions. Having the clock work "out of the box" was a treat!! Many thanks! We are encouraging my mother's retirement home to purchase a Day Clock for the lobby, and have shared information about the device with the nurse, care planner and other residents' families.
(Posted on 12/02/2013)