The Day Clock has been developed by Bath Institute of Medical Engineering and has been designed to help people living with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. The design features a simple and clear display showing the time of day as either morning, afternoon, evening or night. The Dementia Day Clock is ideal as people living with dementia as they can lose the ability to distinguish between day or night. The Alzheimer’s Day Clock can therefore assist primary carers by ensuring the daily routine can be maintained.
The size of the font in the menu screen of the Day Clock (only needed when changing the time) is approximately 0.5 centimeters in height and 3 centimeters in width.
Day Clock Specifications
|Font Size Height||2 centimeters|
|Font Size Width||10 centimeters||Font Size Length||Dependent on the day|
|Screen Size (Inches)||6.2 x 3.4||Screen Size (CM)||15.8 x 8.7|
|External Size (Inches)||8.5 x 6.5||External Size (CM)||21.6 x 16.4|
- My Mom loves it Review by Anne Marie Guerrero
- So far we love the day clock. I purchased for my mom who is 87. She really likes it and I feel it helps her so much. (Posted on 19/04/2013)
- Great innovation! Review by Annette Pearson
- I purchased the product for my elderly mother, who is in the early stages of mixed dementia. She's finding the clock a very useful reminder of the day of the week. great innovation. Thanks (Posted on 19/04/2013)
- Brilliant Review by Rowann Halliday
- This clock was purchased for my mother in law, it's a bit easier for her now. As meal times were a nightmare, really considering purchasing another one for her bedroom! Alzheimer sufferers don't need to know the time, just need to know what part of the day it is. Brilliant. (Posted on 01/03/2013)
- works exactly as expected Review by Wayne Livingstone
- The Day Clock works exactly as expected and is very easy to set up. In fact it arrived already set to the correct date and time, which was a surprise since my order crossed several time zones. I just plugged it in and it was ready to go. (Posted on 19/02/2013)
- Made a huge difference! Review by John Ford
- Very pleased with the clock(s) that I purchased. Super fast and well packaged delivery. And great back up when I couldn’t set one up. Theyve made a huge difference to Dads life already. (Posted on 19/02/2013)
- It's great help Review by Alison
- Thank you very much for your help with this. This Day Clock has been great help to one elderly lady already. It really is a very good product. (Posted on 14/02/2013)
- Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother Review by Angela
Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother. At least I don't get phone calls in the middle of the night asking what day it is, or if she
missed her Dr. Appointment etc. Your product is very helpful for the Elderly ( and their children! ). Thank you for your support... (Posted on 12/02/2013)
- This is a wonderful device! Review by Kathryn
This attractive and wonderful device has been a terrific help to my very elderly mother who has mild dementia and was frequently confused by a.m./p.m. issues. The Day Clock sits on her bedside table but is bright and clear enough to be seen from her livingroom. It has made a significant difference in her quality of life and indeed in that of her children, as she frequently lost track of time prior to the Day Clock and called us in the middle of the night--more frightening for us than inconvenient! Mom's sleep is improved, also, as when she awakens she can immediately see that it is not time to arise. The "Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night" divisions on the Day Clock are intuitive and Mom was able to take advantage of the clock after only a few days of adjustment. This is a wonderful device!
I very much appreciated Rob's help in navigating the website and his kind and clear answers to our questions. Having the clock work "out of the box" was a treat!! Many thanks! We are encouraging my mother's retirement home to purchase a Day Clock for the lobby, and have shared information about the device with the nurse, care planner and other residents' families.
(Posted on 12/02/2013)