The Day Clock has been developed by Bath Institute of Medical Engineering and has been designed to help people living with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. The design features a simple and clear display showing the time of day as either morning, afternoon, evening or night. The Dementia Day Clock is ideal as people living with dementia as they can lose the ability to distinguish between day or night. The Alzheimer’s Day Clock can therefore assist primary carers by ensuring the daily routine can be maintained.
The size of the font in the menu screen of the Day Clock (only needed when changing the time) is approximately 0.5 centimeters in height and 3 centimeters in width.
Day Clock Specifications
|Font Size Height||2 centimeters|
|Font Size Width||10 centimeters||Font Size Length||Dependent on the day|
|Screen Size (Inches)||6.2 x 3.4||Screen Size (CM)||15.8 x 8.7|
|External Size (Inches)||8.5 x 6.5||External Size (CM)||21.6 x 16.4|
- Really Helps! Review by Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust Jon Willis
We have found that it actively contributes to orientating patients with dementia or delirium to time and place. On the first day the clock was installed it impacted on one of our demented ladies. She used to go to bed about 10:00 pm, wake about half past convinced that she had slept through the night. She would then cause gentle chaos throughout the rest of the night. The first night the clock was in use the staff heard her start to get out of bed, look at the clock, say "Oh it's night time" and went back to bed.
The clocks have also generated interest from relatives and carers. (Posted on 5/12/15)
- Great Product! Review by SANDWELL AND WEST BIRMINGHAM HOSPITALS
- Feedback has been the best out of all the equipment we have ordered. – everyone's loves them and has gone down really well with the CEO! (Posted on 5/12/15)
- Not cheap but it is so helpful!, Review by SP (Boston, MA)
- This day clock has helped my parents so much. Mom has advanced Alzheimer's and dad is stressed caring for her during the day. neither can keep track of the days anymore. This helps them each morning realize what day it is. It helps them take the correct pills out of their pill boxes too. Now they can't do without it. I'm glad I found this. (Posted on 6/12/14)
- This clock is wonderful Review by ML
- This clock has really helped my mom. She is almost 96, and was starting to have trouble telling whether it was day or night. This was making her very anxious. I wasn't sure this clock would help, but it really has been a wonderful aid for her. She looks at the clock and says the day and whether it is morning, afternoon, evening or night. It helps orient her. (Posted on 6/12/14)
- Wonderful Company!, Review by GM (Los Angeles
- All the reasons listed within these other 5-Star reviews is also why this was such a perfect gift for my father. I would also like to commend the Company GeriGuard Solutions for their exceptional customer service. They stand behind their product and respond quickly to inquiries. (Posted on 6/12/14)
- 10 out of 10! Review by Jean Payne
- The clock is great, programming it was easy like the size of the lettering and the blue lighting. Just must say my mom is having a very hard time adjusting to it and is angry with me for getting it. I'm hoping she'll get used to it soon, because a regular clock is worse. She gets up all the time during the night. That's why I liked this clock so well. Overall, I'd, personally, give it a 10 rating. Your service was wonderful also. Thank you so much (Posted on 7/10/13)
- Thank you again for your help, and your great product! Review by Dianne
- Thank you very much for your assistance with my recently purchased Day Clock. I was able to adjust the times with no problem. It is a tremendous help to my elderly mother, who gets very confused with time of day and day of the week, in the late afternoon & evening hours (Posted on 7/10/13)
- My Mom loves it Review by Anne Marie Guerrero
- So far we love the day clock. I purchased for my mom who is 87. She really likes it and I feel it helps her so much. (Posted on 4/19/13)
- Great innovation! Review by Annette Pearson
- I purchased the product for my elderly mother, who is in the early stages of mixed dementia. She's finding the clock a very useful reminder of the day of the week. great innovation. Thanks (Posted on 4/19/13)
- Brilliant Review by Rowann Halliday
- This clock was purchased for my mother in law, it's a bit easier for her now. As meal times were a nightmare, really considering purchasing another one for her bedroom! Alzheimer sufferers don't need to know the time, just need to know what part of the day it is. Brilliant. (Posted on 3/1/13)
- works exactly as expected Review by Wayne Livingstone
- The Day Clock works exactly as expected and is very easy to set up. In fact it arrived already set to the correct date and time, which was a surprise since my order crossed several time zones. I just plugged it in and it was ready to go. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- Made a huge difference! Review by John Ford
- Very pleased with the clock(s) that I purchased. Super fast and well packaged delivery. And great back up when I couldn’t set one up. Theyve made a huge difference to Dads life already. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- It's great help Review by Alison
- Thank you very much for your help with this. This Day Clock has been great help to one elderly lady already. It really is a very good product. (Posted on 2/14/13)
- Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother Review by Angela
Your Day Clock has helped with my Mother. At least I don't get phone calls in the middle of the night asking what day it is, or if she
missed her Dr. Appointment etc. Your product is very helpful for the Elderly ( and their children! ). Thank you for your support... (Posted on 2/12/13)
- This is a wonderful device! Review by Kathryn
This attractive and wonderful device has been a terrific help to my very elderly mother who has mild dementia and was frequently confused by a.m./p.m. issues. The Day Clock sits on her bedside table but is bright and clear enough to be seen from her livingroom. It has made a significant difference in her quality of life and indeed in that of her children, as she frequently lost track of time prior to the Day Clock and called us in the middle of the night--more frightening for us than inconvenient! Mom's sleep is improved, also, as when she awakens she can immediately see that it is not time to arise. The "Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night" divisions on the Day Clock are intuitive and Mom was able to take advantage of the clock after only a few days of adjustment. This is a wonderful device!
I very much appreciated Rob's help in navigating the website and his kind and clear answers to our questions. Having the clock work "out of the box" was a treat!! Many thanks! We are encouraging my mother's retirement home to purchase a Day Clock for the lobby, and have shared information about the device with the nurse, care planner and other residents' families.
(Posted on 2/12/13)